Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review! NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Berry New Yorker

NYC (New York Color) describes their blushable creme sticks:

"Get the glow you'll want to show with NYC New York Color Blushable Crème Stick. It gives a natural flush to your cheeks in one quick step. Soft and creamy colors can be blended to the desired intensity and coverage. This lightweight formula provides sheer, all-over color as well as subtle, shimmering accents, contours and dynamic highlights to your cheeks. Quick, on-the-go and extremely easy to apply – all for a sweet $3.99!"

I got mine from the dollar store for a buck, though.  Score!  I have a recent facination with cream blushes.  I've tried powder blushes for as long as I've been wearing makeup, and I never liked them.  They always looked so fake on me.  I can't believe I just now discovered cream blush, but hey, better late than never!!!

I bought two colors, but today I'll review the Berry New Yorker shade.





As you can see, you get a lot of product for even the full price of $3.99.

I applied the blush by swiping it from my apples to the top of my cheeks (eye level) and then blending it with a damp makeup sponge.  It blended quickly and uniformly.  I didn't notice much product loss, and it wasn't streaky or clumpy.

Now, let's get to how it looks while worn!  A few things to note first.  One, I do not wear foundation or concealor on my cheeks.  I have a natural flush, and it seems dumb to me to cover it up, and then put it back on.  Second, none of my photos are re-touched.  Third, my camera kind of sucks at picking up colors really well, and I'm going to fix that soon.

The first picture is  of the right (my left) with no blush.  Remember, there is no foundation or concealor on my cheek either, so that's just the way it looks naturally.  Big ol pores and all.

This picture is of the left (my right) cheek, with the blush applied.  Again, no foundation or concealor went on there.  Notice how the color matches my natural flush exactly???  It felt like I was applying pink foundation to my cheeks.  Finding that exact match blended and smoothed everything into a uniform tint, without looking like I'm wearing anything extra!  I am SO EXCITED for that!




Finally, here is a picture of both sides, with the left cheek blushed, and the right cheek bare.  I think you'll agree that it isn't just my imagination that the left side looks completely natural, but better.  I got so excited that I forgot to put on some lipstick before taking this photo, so sorry about that.  I'd blush about it, but I think my makeup is doing a fine job of that for me.  ;-)


1 comment:

  1. I know this post is about blush, but can I say... LOOK AT THOSE EYES! The blush is great too, I'll have to try it. :D

    ReplyDelete