Monday, August 13, 2012

Review! Real Techniques Stippling Brush

I went to my local Ulta yesterday and picked up a Real Techniques Stippling Brush.
I've recently abandoned powder blushes and have begun a love affair with cream and gel blushes. Powder blushes were leaving my face looking cakey and overly powdered, and it seemed to age me dramatically. I tried out a cheap cream blush (E.L.F. All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonaid), figuring I would get the general idea and only have to spend a buck. Well, I was SOLD! I've been using my fingers to apply it, and while that works just fine, I wanted to get a brush to both cut out the time scrubbing my fingers clean and to branch out to more cream and gel blushes. I think the brush works great. It takes a bit longer than using my fingers (but that may be a learning curve), but the brush is comfortable to use and seems to be very well made.
 
So, for today's makeup, I used:
 
Face: Wet N Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer in 182 Natural (everywhere except cheekbones); Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Medium (undereye, sides of nostril); Maybelline DreamLumi touch highlighting concealer in beige (bridge of nose, inner corners of eyes, face on sides of nose, bow of lips); Aveda Inner Light loose powder (everywhere except cheeks); Wet N Wild coloricon bronzer in Ticket To Brazil (hollows of cheeks); E.L.F. All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonaid
Eyes: Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero; Sormeh by Mosha Katani; Rimmel Volume Accelerator mascara in Extreme Black; Covergirl Brown and Eye Makers in Midnight Brown;  Maybelline Ultrabrow in Light Brown
Lips: Covergirl Outlast Lip Stain in Plum Pout (425); The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm Clean Face: With Makeup: 

No comments:

Post a Comment