Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Beauty on the Cheap! - Pore Cleanser and Refiner

Well, I didn't believe it when I first heard about it.  But, I was about to spend a lot of cash on several products to try to clear out my pores and make them look smaller.  And I do mean a LOT of cash.  I don't like spending a lot of money on something if it isn't worth it.  If it's a good product, I don't mind paying for it... but to just TRY it, to see IF it will work?  Ugh.

So, this is what you do:

Step 1 - Wash your face with an exfoliating cleaners.  I like the apricot scrub types.  Scrub scrub scrub.  Get rid of all the dead skin you can without hurting yourself.  The more dead skin you get off with your exfoliant, the better the second treatment will work. Rinse your face clean.

Step 2 - Take 1-2 tablespoons of Baking Soda (I used Arm and Hammer brand) in your palm, and add some water until you have a thin paste.

Step 3 - Spread the paste over your face and gently rub, in small circular motions, all over your face for 30-40 seconds.  Count it out; you don't want to leave it on too long and irritate your skin.  Don't scrub this paste into your skin... be gentle!  You want to press firmly enough so that it is cleaning your face, but you already exfoliated, so don't try to use this as a facial scrub.

Step 4 - Rinse very well.

Step 5 - Pat your face dry and inspect your pores.  See any blackheads?  How about big ol' pores?  No?  Me either!

Step 6 - While still bewildered, apply your serums, then your moisturizers.

Step 7 - Inspect your face again to see if you were maybe just seeing things or something.  Still amazingly clear skin?  Me too!

Step 8 - Save all that money you were going to spend on all those facial cleansers and toners, and go get a few pedicures instead.

The lovely lady whose video inspired me to try this is here!  You can watch her video to see the process in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment