Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MULTI Review! Smash Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadows in 10 shades!!!

I found Smash Cosmetics on Etsy, and they had a sample sale at $1 per sample.  I picked up 10 colors:

Canary
Fuchsia
Haliai
Hot Damn
Nirvana
Shiva
Sunburst
Sunset Orange
Vivid Copper
Vegas


First of all, these samples come in little jars, which I love!  They are like tiny sifter jars, without the sifter.  This packaging makes it very easy to use the sample.  The jars easily fit in with the rest of my makeup.  Plus, the sample amount (1/4 teaspoon) is very generous.  I knew it would be a lot of eyeshadow (the listing says how much they send in the sample), but my brain didn't connect the written amount to the visual amount, so I still thought "whoa, that's a lot of eyeshadow".


I really like these colors.  They can be used wet or dry.  Using them dry will give a softer look, while wetting them will bring out the shimmer and make them much bolder.  I chose a lot of bright colors, and the pigmentation did not disappoint.  The only color I wasn't thrilled with was Sunset Orange, because I expected it to be much brighter and not have as much brown in it.  It is still a very pretty color, just not what I was expecting.

The consistency is very soft and finely milled.  I didn't feel any grit with any of the shades.  They do have a powdery feel to them, but no more than I usually experience with loose powder eyeshadows.  Smash has made a few palette collections in both sample sizes and full sizes, and I'm hoping to see a neutral collection soon.  I'll be first in line to try it out!

Let's get to the swatches!  The swatches on the left are dry, on the right are wet.  I did not use any primer.  These colors have good staying power, resisting being cleaned off my arm with a baby wipe.  I eventually used some almond oil to remove it.


No comments:

Post a Comment