Monday, March 18, 2013

Review! d.j.v. Beautenizer Fiberwig Mascara


I have been trying out d.j.v. Beautinizer Fiberwig Mascara for while now, and I just don't like it.

Its main purpose is to add length to lashes.  Since I have been using Latisse, I don't have a need for this feature.  As it is, I have to be really careful when applying mascara, because my lashes curl up and touch my crease and browbone, leaving me with mascara smudges and dots.  I tried to use this mascara as just a regular mascara, but I didn't find that it added sufficient volume.  The final bit that turned me off was that it dries into a sort of tube around the lash (which it needs to do in order to hold the fibers on to your lash tips).  When I wash it off, the tube loosens and seems to slip off.  However, it ends up leaving a clumpy mess all over my face.  I prefer a more water soluble mascara that wipes away fairly easily, and then is cleaned away with my almond oil.

Now, if you are looking for a mascara that will add length to your lashes, albeit temporary, this may be your holy grail.  It doesn't smudge, it doesn't flake.  If you are patient when you take it off, it doesn't pull your lashes out.  It is a little bit fiddly to get it put on, but once you have it on, it should stay put all day.  To get the length, you first apply one coat of mascara to your lashes in the normal way.  Then, look at the tip of the wand.  You'll see little fibers sticking every which way out of the glob of mascara that always accumulates on mascara wand tips.  Gently brush those fibers against the ends of your lashes, one at a time.  You'll see the fiber stick to your lash tip.  Keep going until you have done every lash.  Then go over the entire lash with another coat of mascara.  You can go add another fiber length, if you want; just add another coat of mascara over the entire length afterwards.  You can add anywhere from 1/8 inch to about 1/3 inch of length to your lashes in this manner.

I don't have any action shots, because I never used the lengthening feature.  It looks like a plain, nothing-special mascara otherwise, so I didn't bother with it.

Because this is a full-sized tube, I am keeping it until it dries out, just because you never know when your regular mascara will give out on you, and there's no point in throwing away a product that might come in handy in such an "emergency".

No comments:

Post a Comment