Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Review! Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

I heard a lot of buzz about Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy being THE go-to product to keep glitter eyeshadows from falling out.

It comes it a tube with a doe-foot applicator, much like a lip gloss.  You use this over your regular eyeshadow primer, and under your eyeshadow.  One little dot of it is enough for both eyes.

Once you have it spread over your eyelid, load your eyeshadow brush with your eyeshadow, and then pat (do not "sweep" it on) the eyeshadow onto your lid.  Keep patting on your eyeshadow until you have the desired intensity built, and once all your colors are on, you can blend.

Here are five swatches of the same eyeshadow (from Sephora's Moonshadow Collection; I'll be reviewing the palette this eyeshadow comes in on Friday!), all applied with different bases:

Next, I rubbed my arm about as hard as you would if you were rubbing your eyes really hard.  This is how much eyeshadow ended up on my fingers:
And here is what was left of the swatches:
I think that speaks for itself.


When I used this, my eyeshadow stayed in place all day, with very minimal fallout.  This stuff works, does exactly what it is supposed to do, does it better than any other primer I have tried, and is very affordable.  I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie - you probably have no idea who I am, I am a beauty blogger (makeupbydyna.com) I am not here to promote my blog or anything, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your blog posts have been stolen and reposted in a blog here: http://choosepetroleumjelly.blogspot.com/ This blog is an imposter, and has been posting blog posts from other bloggers, including a bunch of my own. I have contacted blogger and they took down one post, but I am teaming up with other people who have been affected so we take this blog down. This blog has adsense running, so that means that we could get information for coopyright infringement and what not, but I cannot act on my own. You can contact me via my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dynasrandomblog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know! I've filed a complaint with blogger.

      Delete
  2. Kellie
    I had MANY of my posts stolen from choosepetroleumjelly.blogspot.com as well and filed complaints as well. Hopefully we can get blogger to take this blog down.

    ReplyDelete