Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review! Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara

Continuing my quest for my perfect mascara, next up is Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara.

Sephora says:
What it is:
The blackest, black mascara derived from volcanic soil that increases lash volume by 600 percent.

What it does:
This Obsidian black is formulated with volcanic minerals for the deepest, darkest color and an explosive increase in lash volume. These rich pigments blend with natural film formers to create a flexible yet strong coating that covers every lash. Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara provides a glossy, luminous finish with a flexible conditioned feel, without any smudging or flakes for optimal, long-wearing benefits. The tapered brush head with unique cross-hatch bristles ensures smooth, clump-free application that grabs even the tiniest microlashes.

What I say:
I wasn't over the moon about this mascara.  It does have my favored brush type; a fluffy spoolie.  However, right upon opening the tube, the mascara was clumpy.  I applied it anyway - because I've never used it before, so I don't know if it is supposed to be that way - and it was a clumpy mess.  I added some boiling water to it (a few drops), and that got rid of the clumps.  The effect was very natural, with good definition.  However, it did not give that promised increase in lash volume.  Of course, that could have been due to me adding the water, but there's no way for me to tell without going back to the store and trying another one.

The clumpy formula and the lack of dramatic volume is steering me away from this mascara.  While I don't dislike it, I wouldn't recommend it if someone asked.

Pictures!
Before:


After!


No comments:

Post a Comment