Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review! Buxom Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick in Silver Sword


Buxom Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick in Silver Sword is a shimmering dark grey with very fine and understated silver glitter.
The website says it is matte, but be aware that while the base color is matte, there is still a very fine sparkle to it.  However, the sparkle is so subtle that I doubt anyone would notice it unless they were really looking for it.

Here it is swatched out.  The top line is one stroke, the middle line is three strokes, and the bottom line is three strokes smudged.  I was not impressed with its smudging abilities.  However, trying to swatch it first let me know that I would really need to work at making this smudge out to a good effect.

The pencil itself starts out with a nice point.  It is extremely soft, and glides into place without pulling or skipping on the skin.  It did stay in place all day, and through both the office and the gym, until I washed it off.  It did require a cleanser (I prefer almond oil) to remove. 

Because the delivery system is a twist-up style, it will be hard to sharpen, so it will not be easy to get a thin line with this pencil.  That matters to me because I didn't think it smudged very well, and requires more effort than I'm willing to give to get a good look.  Therefore, I have no reason to re-purchase.



Before:

With Mascara:

Now with  Buxom Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick in Silver Sword:

Full Face!


No comments:

Post a Comment