Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lip Swatch! - Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick - 970 - Purty Persimmon

I swatched out 13 more Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks here.   Today is 970 - Purty Persimmon!

This is a red-orange, true coral.  There is no pink whatsoever; it is almost more orange than red.  I thought this color looked much better in person than it did in photographs, because it seems to muddy my face in the photos.  This is a color I'll be playing with for a while.


First, bare lips.  I prepped them with a thin application of Lansinoh.

Now, a thin layer, applied from the tube, blended with a lip brush.  I left half of my lips bare for comparison.


Now for what I would call full strength (two layers).  I applied from the tube, and spread the color with a lip brush.  Keep in mind that this is a matte formula, but it does go on creamy.  If you put some lip balm on your lips before applying it, the formula will remain a satin finish.  If you apply the lipstick without any balm, the finish will look matte, but will feel satin on your lips.  This color intensifies only a little with a second coat.

This particular shade was impressive for how smoothly the color covered my natural lip tone.  Usually, when straying far away from lip tone, and not heading towards blue, purple, and black, the color will settle into the lip lines and crease.  With the Lansinoh, this color slicked on with very even coverage.


Next is full lip.  I applied from the tube and blended with a lip brush, and I put on about 2 coats.  This lipstick is very opaque, even when worn over balm.
Full Face:
 I felt that it make the rest of my makeup look really dark, and I'm not wearing much on my skin.  I have on a tinted moisturizer, and a bit of bronze shimmer on my cheeks.  Regardless, I still liked the color.  I wore it around all day, admiring the shade.

Finally, here it is after letting it sit for about 20 minutes, and then blotting it.  I let it sit because these lipsticks tend to stain, so I wanted to give it time to really set the color.  Wearing it as a stain was a lot less bold, and gave an unusual color without jumping up and waving at you.




No comments:

Post a Comment