Friday, August 2, 2013

Review! Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

I just want to start by saying that I hate it when cosmetics are given racy names.  If someone asks me what color of something I am wearing, I don't want to feel like an idiot or a hooker when I tell them.  So, had I not seen the color of this pencil (an extremely true, dark black), I would have never purchased it, based on the name alone.  Seriously, I wish cosmetics were just given descriptive names rather than something "cute" or "catchy" or whatever.  Just tell me "Absolute Black", and I'll be good.  Honestly.

Ok, so this is Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On eye Pencil in Perversion.    *sighs*  I hate the name.

This swatch ended up looking a bit odd, but I wanted to see how it handled corners.  Overall, it applied very smoothly and did not drag.  As most of the time you will be drawing a rather straight line, the swatch on the left is most important.  It applies very dark, and pure black.  There is no shine or glitter to this eyeliner.
I set the liner with Mosha Katani's Black Sea Kohl Eyeliner Pigment.  The liner stayed in place all day; which I expected.

It also stayed mostly on through a shower and face washing.  Almond oil took it right off.

I like how clean the line is, and how easy it is to apply.  A lot of drugstore pencils either have staying power, but are dry and drag the lid; or they are creamy but fade easily.    If you've never strayed from drugstore eyeliners, I do recommend trying this one.  One pencil is nearly $20, but in this case you do get what you pay for.

Here is a look I tried from another beauty blogger, Jen at From Head To Toe (here is the tutorial). 

I will re-purchase this eye pencil.

2 comments:

  1. I love the look here. Your eyes are so pretty!
    I have to agree, I hate when Makeup companies name their products vulgar names. I think they feel they need to be controversial but really, people are rubbed wrong by them trying to be "risque".
    Good thing I love their products though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally preaching to the choir! I know it! It took me for-e-ver to try their products, just because I couldn't handle the names. Haha! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete