Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Update Post - What we're up to, and where we're going.

Hello there!  My one-year anniversary just slipped quietly by on August 10th.  I've been working on some more reviews, and also exploring exactly where I want to take Sugarpot. 

First, my objective has been morphing into a greater idea of beauty.  I want to explore not only beauty enhancements through cosmetics, but also beauty enhancements through a healthier lifestyle. 

You may have noticed that I look a bit different today than I did a year ago.  A year ago, I was about 25 pounds heavier, and was only losing weight through calorie deficiencies.  Meaning, I was eating less, but not working out.  After a few months of photographing myself every day, I started to become very aware of how I had to photograph myself to avoid looking overweight on camera.  I came to the conclusion that the only way to actually avoid it was to change it.

So, I joined a gym.

And, I didn't go.

After another month or two, I finally got the determination to make myself go, and I've been working out ever since.  I was doing a little bit of cardio and a little bit of weight training.

I got more serious about it, and learned how to jog.

I got more serious about it, and started a program specifically to lift heavy weight.

I've slowed down on the weight loss for a few months now, but I continue to slowly lose fat and gain some muscle.  That means I'm getting smaller, even though the scale stays the same.

I am a work in progress.  I hope by this year's end I will have met my goal of being back to my pre-pregnancy size, and a year from now I hope to be at my goal.  This is not a race.  Any positive health changes take time to implement and form to habit.

With that in mind, I think you'll see why I am introducing a new faucet to Sugarpot.  Coming soon, we will have a regular health feature.  These posts will be about working out, eating a healthy diet, learning about calories and nutrients, fostering an active lifestyle, and other topics geared towards showing you how easy it can be to change yourself into a healthier version of you.  We hope to have two of these posts per month. 

To take on this task, I have enlisted the help of a longtime friend.  Her bio will be coming soon!  I am not an expert in this area, and it makes sense to take Sugarpot from "me" to "we" to get the best information possible to you. 

Additionally, when I come across other tidbits of helpful information (such as a healthy recipe, or super-cute workout clothes), I'll be interjecting those posts.

Second, the makeup reviews are going to slow down just a bit.  I plan to have at least one makeup or skincare review per week, but I want to focus more on quality than quantity.  The current schedule has been to post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  The new schedule has not been set, but I'll let you know when it is ready to roll. 

Third, I hope to move Sugarpot to its own domain within the next year.  That move is going to take a lot of time, so I will be devoting a lot of unseen time to that endeavor.  I'll keep ya'll updated on how that is going, and we won't leave without you!

Fourth, and finally, I want to keep the guests posts going.  I love seeing those, and my statistic counts show that ya'll do, too.  If you have an idea for a post - whether beauty, cosmetics, hair, nails, or fashion - send us an email and let's collaborate!

No comments:

Post a Comment